Thanks to its incredible high durability and natural texture, zirconia crowns are becoming more and more popular. Dentists who want to make outstanding dental restorations available to patients mostly prefer zirconia crowns. Those very crowns are selected based on their greater strength, longevity, and outstanding aesthetics over traditional PFMs (Porcelain Fused to Metal) or full-gold crowns.
The strongest dental crowns are the zirconia crowns. They are constructed of zirconium, a silicate that was discovered by a German chemist named M. H. Klaproth in 1789. Zirconia has had various medicinal uses since the 1960s. It is extremely durable and completely biocompatible; including hip, finger, and ear operations, zirconia is used for various prostheses.
Advantages of Choosing Zirconia Crowns
• Since zirconia is naturally white, it enables the adaptations to any color that suits the rest of your teeth. Zirconia is transparent; therefore, it simulates the transparent aspect of the teeth.
• Zirconia is metal free one that protects the gingival area from darkening. It removes the risk of exposure to metal margins due to gum recession.
• It is 100% biocompatible; so far, no allergic reaction to the zirconia crown has been observed.
• Can also be adjusted, reshaped and re-colored easily.
• Resist well to hot and cold temperatures. Thus, they reduce the hypersensitivity level associated with other forms of crowns.
• Zirconia crowns are remarkably durable. Zirconia is roughly five times stronger than porcelain.Therefore, zirconia may be a safer option for patients who have had issues with other crown components or who have issues with grinding their teeth, frequently chew their gums, bite their nails, etc.
To take care of your zirconia crows, brush, and floss every day as you would usually do. Zirconia crowns can be a great alternative for many patients receiving crown treatment, and a high level of dental hygiene can help make sure years of satisfaction and oral health.
Follow us on social media;
May 20, 2022